Re: can root use procmail?

2001-08-19 11:31:31
On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Tris wrote:

Normally in /etc/aliases file you will find a few lines like:

# Person who should get root's mail
root:           k

where in this case "k" is me, so root's mail goes to who root really is
on your system.  Generally on UNIX systems root should do as little as
possible, and this is just an extension of that idea.

Best wishes,

Kalvis

Interesting! I set up a special admin user on my system, for scanning and
archiving log files and such. This would be better in it's way than using
a .forward file. Thank you!