Re: Detecting and logging dupes

2001-08-28 19:11:01
On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Duncan Hill asked,
| and they seem to work quite well.  However, I'd prefer to log that a
| duplicate was seen, not just discard it out of hand.  Has anyone got any
| decent recipes for this kind of thing, or pointers on how to go about
| writing such a recipe?

If you have a logfile defined and LOGABSTRACT set to "on" or "all,"
it should be recorded in your logfile that the message (having been
spotted as a duplicate) was delivered by that recipe.  Did you want
to maintain a separate logfile for duplicates?

I do have a log file, but entries just indicate that that particular
recipie was hit.  In retrospect, I need to keep a spare copy of all mail
that has been seen as a duplicate.  Basically, I'm trying to prove that
one of the mail servers I use is broken POP3 wise (its a Groupwise
server).  I've seen dupes once or twice, but only when I didn't have
that recipie turned on, and I was actually keeping mail in my inbox...

--

Sapere aude
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.