Re: Detecting and logging dupes

2001-08-29 11:18:35
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Philip Guenther wrote:

"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com> writes:
Now, I know that that's the standard way, but I was thinking: if the
duplicates folder is an mbox and if the message does turn out to be a
duplicate, that means getting a lockfile twice instead of once.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.  You're right: your version gets the
efficiency prize for mbox folders.

However, David's version may be wrong if any other recipe delivers to the
same folder.