Re: need a recipe to allow resending as a specific user

2001-08-30 15:34:35
Brian Dupras asked,

| I'd like the ability to send an email from any outside account to an
| intermediary personal account which then re-sends the email as that
personal
| account.  For instance, I send email from me(_at_)my(_dot_)work(_dot_)com to
| resend(_at_)my(_dot_)house(_dot_)com but intended for
friend(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)else(_dot_)com(_dot_)
| resend(_at_)my(_dot_)house(_dot_)com then sends the email "from"
me(_at_)my(_dot_)house(_dot_)com to
| friend(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)else(_dot_)com(_dot_)

I'm already doing that with procmail.

| Specifically, I'll need to somehow "embed" the real recipients' addresses
in
| a place that procmail (or some other tool) can find it and use it.  Then
I'd
| need to write the recipe to suck out the addresses and resend the email as
| if it were sent by my home user account.

I put them at the beginning of the body.  If I can remember, I'll post my
code sometime over the weekend.  The one difference is that my code doesn't
change the From: line (I don't want it to), but that's easy to change.