Re: file name of attachment after line break

2001-09-05 19:54:44
Bart Schaefer <schaefer(_at_)zanshin(_dot_)com> writes:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Philip Guenther wrote:

Bart Schaefer <schaefer(_at_)zanshin(_dot_)com> writes:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Philip Guenther wrote:
While it'll be more _accurate_, I'm not convinced it'll actually be
_faster_.

It should be faster because the "^--" will fail immediately on most lines
in the body, so the rest of the complicated regex never has to be tried.

But David's regexp started with "^Content-", so the same could be said
about it.

I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought there.  Mine is faster because it
looks at the top-level header for "Content-Type: multipart" before even
bothering to look for "^Content-" in the body, whereas David's always
examines the body.  The "^--" part was entirely for accuracy, e.g. mine
would not "also catch mail like [Rui's] post, where you were just
illustrating someone else's transgression" -- not even if Rui's post were
put into a message/rfc822 body part within a multipart.

Ah, okay.  I'll agree with you there.  Short-circuting the logic on
non-multipart messages is a speed win.

Philip Guenther