Re: file name of attachment after line break

2001-09-05 20:54:57
Bart wrote,

| Mine is faster because it
| looks at the top-level header for "Content-Type: multipart" before even
| bothering to look for "^Content-" in the body, whereas David's always
| examines the body.

Er, no.  Rui's original code -- or so I thought while I was composing my
response -- was inside braces, and a condition for getting inside those
braces was  ^Content-  in the head, or there was an  H ??  condition
checking for that.  Whichever, I was under the impression that the code was
run only on messages where  ^Content-Type:.*multipart  or the like had
already been found in the head.

| The "^--" part was entirely for accuracy, e.g. mine
| would not "also catch mail like [Rui's] post, where you were just
| illustrating someone else's transgression" -- not even if Rui's post were
| put into a message/rfc822 body part within a multipart.

Yes, that part was an improvement.  Thank you for it.