Re: .procmailrc not being invoked when mail forwarded.

2001-09-19 21:37:56
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 04:38:54PM -0400, Bill Tangren wrote:
in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc I have

FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl

Is that what you mean?

Bill Tangren

how about define procmail as your local mailer ?

This won't do what he wants. His problem is that he's defined an alias for the
email address. The alias will be read and acted on before the mail is handed
to the MDA, thus procmail will never see it. Redefining the MDA won't change
that. He needs to either change the address to which the web users are sending
their email, then have the procmailrc for that address forward to helptest, or
have procmail run mailpost directly. The latter is probably more efficient, as
that doesn't require sending the message back through the mail server.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

A teacher of mine once described the cold war thus: Two man standing up to
their necks in a barrel of gasoline, one pointing to the other: I am stronger
than you, because I have one more match than you have...
                                Krist van Besien <krist(_at_)cistron(_dot_)nl>
                                Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:27:03 +0100