Re: Configuration

2001-09-20 15:30:49
At 11:20 2001-09-19 -0400,
gilles(_dot_)st-onge(_at_)visa(_dot_)desjardins(_dot_)com wrote:

I change my mail prot SMTP to 2525 instead of 25, it seam, that procmail do not foward my mail anymore.

It seems likely that other servers probably won't be able to deliver mail to yours, since they'll be trying to hand it to you on port 25. Have you checked your mail server logs to see if you're still receiving mail traffic?

If you're messing with your sendmail config, perhaps you should check news:comp.mail.sendmail or <http://www.sendmail.org>. The procmail forum isn't for sendmail support.

I think I have to configure procmail to listen on the new port (2525) or something like that.

*procmail* has nothing to do with listening at ports - it isn't the MTA/daemon, it is the LDA.

Try sending yourself a message as a user on the local system - this will be handled locally, and if procmail worked before, it should still. If you send a message from a remote system and it doesn't appear, then sendmail isn't accepting the connection (because it isn't listening on the correct port, but you know that).

Standards exist for a reason, and sendmail listens on port 25 for SMTP traffic because that's the STANDARD port which systems use for SMTP.