pm-jamime-kill.rc didnt work...(my fault,most probably!;)

2001-09-24 02:59:27
hi all....
i've downloaded the pm-doc from jari and unzip in my linux redhat 7.1
(i'm going to test it here before using it in sunOS)...i've set up my
/etc/procmailrc like so (thanks Martin!):

DROPPRIVS=YES
VERBOSE=on
LOGABSTRACT=all
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail/$LOGNAME.log
PATH="/etc/procmail:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:$PATH"
SHELL=/bin/sh
PMSRC=/etc/procmail
SECURITY_NOTIFY="postmaster, root"
##SECURITY_NOTIFY_VERBOSE="postmaster"
##SECURITY_QUARANTINE=/var/spool/mail/quarantine
SECURITY_QUARANTINE=/var/log/procmail/quarantine
SECURITY_NOTIFY_SENDER=YES
#Possibly infected by viruses
#Replace `mail' with your mail directory (Pine uses mail, Elm uses Mail)

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
myCustomMimeType = "application/ms"     # must be all lowercase
:0
*$ $myCustomMimeType
{
JA_MIME_TYPE = $myCustomMimeType
}
myCustomMimeType1 = "application/octet-stream"     # must be all
lowercase
:0
*$ $myCustomMimeType1
{
JA_MIME_TYPE = $myCustomMimeType1
}
INCLUDERC = $PMSRC/pm-jamime-kill.rc

then i tried sending an .exe file to myself...i found out that i still
got the .exe attachment! I checked procmail log file but no errors there
i think...just that it said  no match on "application/octet-stream",even
though when i checked my mail using pine, i can see the test mail with
the attachment "Application/OCTET-STREAM" in there. And I didnt change
anything in pm-jamime-kill.rc.So what could be wrong? I thought the
recipe was supposed to filter this email. Do i have to change the recipe
in /etc/procmailrc from "application/octet-stream" to
"Application/OCTET-STREAM" instead?I noticed the comment that said it
must be all lowercase! Help me, please!Thanks...i really appreciate all
the helpful replies in this mailing list!Thanks again!

-suzana-