Re: weird temp file names and procmail

2001-09-24 09:12:58
Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc(_at_)linuxweasel(_dot_)com> writes:
Howdy!  procmail has been acting up on me intermittently for a while,
although now I've got things thoroughly bolloxed.  For some reason,
procmail is having a heck of a time delivering mail to some folders.
Some folders it will never deliver to, some it delivers to
intermittently, others it doesn't seem to have any problems with.  In my
procmail log I'm getting the following error

procmail: Couldn't create or rename temp file ".Backup/tmp/1001345875.1178_1./
SPARC20"
Quick rundown of what I'm running.
procmail v3.21 2001/06/29

This is a known bug in procmail versions 3.20 and 3.21.  You should
upgrade to either 3.22 or 3.15.2.

As long as I'm replying:

DROPPRIVS=no

DROPPRIVS has no effect outside of the /etc/procmailrc file, so you
can remove it from here.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

If you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for any reason but testing, something
wasn't compiled and linked correctly.  Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to work
around it is like treating a hangover with alcohol: the problem _seems_
to go away, but it just makes it worse.

SED=/bin/sed
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail

Hardcoding paths to binaries is a Bad Thing.  That's what the PATH
variable is for.

:0:
*^X-BeenThere:(_dot_)*gnome-announce-list(_at_)gnome(_dot_)org
.Gnome.Announce/

One of the selling points of maildir is that it doesn't need lock files.
You should remove the second colon from the ":0" line so that procmail
doesn't use a locallockfile.  Ditto for all the other recipes.

Philip Guenther