[Addendum] recipe problem

2001-10-09 10:12:55
Ok, here's what I've got to now.

:0
* ^From snip(_at_)snip
{
        SUBJECT=`formail -zxSubject:`
        HEADER=`formail -X ""`
        :0c
        * !   ^FROM_DAEMON
        * ! $ ^X-Loop: $\ABUSE
        | (formail -r -k -b \
         -I"From: Abuse redirect <postmater(_at_)snip(_dot_)net>" \
         -I"To: junk <snip(_at_)snip>" \
         -I"Subject: [REDIRECT] $SUBJECT" \
         -A"X-Loop: $ABUSE" ; \
        /bin/cat "/etc/mail/abuse/swb-aaa-bbb-ccc-ddd.txt" ;\
        echo $HEADER; ) \
        | $SENDMAIL -t

        :0:
        /var/spool/mail/quarantine/test
}

The subject line looks fine now. The included text in /etc/mail/abuse/swb-aaa-bbb-ccc-ddd.txt looks ok (although I wish I could figure out how to make it not wrap without me editing it to make the paragraphs into one long line). It's not before the quoted message though. I've got to figure out how to change that. I see how to extract the header now as well. I found this message in the archives that was useful:

Problem is the header gets dumped at the end of the message instead of before the quoted message. It also wraps into on big paragraph, making it rather unreadable. I have to fix both of these items. After that, I'll change the address and I'm done! Any words of wisdom for where to go from here?

Justin

Justin Shore, ES-SS ES-SSR      Pittsburg State University
Network & Systems Manager       Kelce 157Q
Office of Information Systems   Pittsburg, KS 66762
Voice: (620) 235-4606           Fax: (620) 235-4545
http://www.pittstate.edu/ois/

Warning:  This message has been quadruple Rot13'ed for your protection.