Re: problem w/ keeping only one out of many copies via procmail

2001-10-12 21:19:25
this was, on the fateful occasion around Oct 13 00:02 -0400,
sent by Andrew Edelstein

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:07:26PM -0400, parv wrote:
problem is that i can't seem to get only one copy of mail
instead of all the ones that i can potentially get. here is
the receipe from procmail faq/man page/etc...

:0 Whc: .msgid-lock
| formail -D 32768 .msgid-cache

#:0 a:
#.extra-copy

...intially, i was giddy whenever i would see messages only in the
.extra-copy but only one copy w/ same message-id in any/all other

Uhm, that would be because you're no longer putting the extra copy generaged
by the c flag on the first recipe in the .extra-coppy folder defined by teh
second. Comment out the second recipe and the extra copy goes right on through
to the rest of your .procmailrc. You want to take that c flag off as well.

oh crap. i should have read procmailex again before sending my last
long message.

mea culpa.  where procmailex gives me the receipe to save extra copy,
before that it also gives the no-copy alternative as you have suggested,
andrew.  i did read procmailrc, the 'c' option does says that it would
create a copy. obviously i missed it.

i am quite red as i right this.