procmail vs maildrop

2001-10-25 10:23:50

I just started considering maildir ad a mailbox format, and came across
a package called 'maildrop'.  I'm pretty sure it's well known in the
maildir world, but it's new to me.

The web site (http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop/) recommends using
maildrop instead of procmail as a local delivery agent.  I can see from
the web site that maildrop has some pretty nifty things, but I haven't
seen any mention of functionality that procmail doesn't have.

Has anyone done a comparative study of the two packages?  Does anyone
know of things that maildrop can do that procmail cannot, or environments
in which maildrop would be a more appropriate as a delivery agent?

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>