Re: Please help me!! I'm going nuts over this!

2001-10-29 18:51:31
At 17:34 2001-10-29 -0500, RoM_ServO wrote:
I have a mailing list, and am unable to get my [listname] to not repeat itself in the subject headers upon replies--they keep adding up on top of eachother. Here is what I am using. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please, please help me-I have read everything I can find on this, and

how about enabling VERBOSE logging and checking the logfile to see what it isn't matching on?

SUBJ=`formail -zx Subject:`   # extract the subject
:0fw
* ! ^Subject:.*\[listname\]
* ! ^Subject:.Re: *
| formail -I "Subject: [listname] $SUBJ"

BOTH of those condition lines must be FALSE (you're inverting the result), for your formail to execute. Plus, the second line is probably not what you want it to be (perhaps '.*Re:[ ]*' or '[ ]*Re:' ?) - only ONE character exists before the Re: bit, AND you're expecting it to be followed by a space -- so, in many cases it'll fail to match).

I suggest you enable VERBOSE logging and pass through a few test messages, then examine the logs. I suspect you'll find that it is failing to match your Re: lines the way you want (say, because some Re: don't have a space after them).