Re: INCLUDERC and directories of rc files

2001-10-31 01:14:55
* Timothy Lu Hu Ball <timball(_at_)ghettohack(_dot_)net> [20011031 07:16]:
writing on the subject 'INCLUDERC and directories of rc files'
| So say I have a directory called ~/.procmail/foo/ and inside foo/ I have
| a pile of separate mini-procmail recipies I would procmail to include.
| Is there a good way of doing this? My first thought would be for
|
| INCLUDERC=~/.procmail/named-pipe
|
| and have a daemon attach to the pipe and spit out the recipies... but
| this would be slow and the deamon would have to wake up each time a user
| got mail. I don't know if that would be slow or not but it wouldn't be
| pretty...

RCDIR=/home/timball/

INCLUDERC=$RCDIR/rcfile1
INCLUDERC=$RCDIR/rcfile2

Hmm, let me also ask (the experts) here if it can be possible to say

INCLUDERC=$RCDIR/(rcfile1|rcfile2|rcfile3) or something close to that,

where rcfile1..rcfile2 .. represents the order in which I want to call the
rcfiles..... that just crossed my imagination ;-)

| Can anyone else think of a better way for me to do this? (and I think
| resorting to having a separate INCLUDERC line for each file would be
| "bad")

Then just amalgamate the rc files into one, maintaining the order in which
you want the recipes processed...

DISCLAIMER: Personal opinion and I may not be quite correct..

-Wash

--
                       /"\
Odhiambo Washington    \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can
be counted.
-Albert Einstein