Re: (no subject)

2001-10-31 01:17:59
* Gregory Sutter <gsutter(_at_)zer0(_dot_)org> [20011031 05:25]: writing on the
subject 'Re: (no subject)'
| On 2001-10-30 20:04 -0600, listuser(_at_)neo(_dot_)pittstate(_dot_)edu wrote:
| > I just posted this to comp.mail.sendmail and thought I'd ask here too.
| >

| > I have an extensive access list of spamming domains to reject.  I've
| > recently noticed an increase in open relay spam that did *originate* from
| > a domain I reject.  Since the message wasn't handed to me from one of
| > those domains though, my mail server doesn't reject it.  I'm considering
| > using procmail to match the message bodies that get through sendmail with
| > the list of rejected domains.  I already do that for autoemailremoval.com
| > and removeyou.com mail (pure spam).  My access list contains 1035 domains
| > at the moment.  What would that do to my load?  Would it be that much of
| > an increase?  I don't have an average mail count for you but last week we
| > rejected 46,500 pieces of spam.  Perhaps that will help give you an idea
| > of our mail count.  2500 users.
|
| Take a look at junkfilter <http://junkfilter.zer0.org/>.  It should
| do what you need.  You'll have to load-test yourself, but if you
| could report back, it would be helpful.

And if he could share the list also ;-)

-Wash

--
                       /"\
Odhiambo Washington    \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign

If you think of yourselves as helpless and ineffectual, it is certain that you
will create a despotic government to be your master. The wise despot,
therefore, maintains among his subjects a popular sense that they are helpless
and ineffectual.
-Frank Herbert