Re: (no subject)

2001-10-31 11:55:21

It shouldn't be too hard to do some simple load testing.  Keep in mind
that procmail is usually just doing an egrep on the data it's handed.
If you do some intelligent filtering, you should be able to avoid doing
things like greps on large attachments and known mail.  Feel free to
check out http://www.it.ca/software/procmail-spamtrap for example of
how I'm marking inbound mail.  The box with these rules is processing
about 8000 unique emails per day, and the addition of this recipe list
has not noticably affected load on the box.

And let me echo the request for your list of 1035 domains.  I'd be very
happy do some load testing for you if you'd be willing to pass on the
list with which to test.  ;-)

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 08:04:22PM -0600,