Re: (no subject)

2001-10-31 13:19:05
At 1:47 PM -0500 10/31/01, Paul Chvostek wrote:
It shouldn't be too hard to do some simple load testing.  Keep in mind
that procmail is usually just doing an egrep on the data it's handed.
If you do some intelligent filtering, you should be able to avoid doing
things like greps on large attachments and known mail.  Feel free to
check out http://www.it.ca/software/procmail-spamtrap for example of
how I'm marking inbound mail.  The box with these rules is processing
about 8000 unique emails per day, and the addition of this recipe list
has not noticably affected load on the box.

And let me echo the request for your list of 1035 domains.  I'd be very
happy do some load testing for you if you'd be willing to pass on the
list with which to test.  ;-)

Hehe, alright.  Here's a URL to the guts of my list.

http://www.sktc.net/~shorej/access.txt

I make no promises that all these domains are spamming domains (at least now) but I will say that I've either a) received spam from them personally, b) saw the signs of it in my logs, investigated and found it to be spam, or c) read about that domains spamming practices in news.admin.net-abuse.email and decided to block them based on that. All of the Ralsky domains are either Alan Ralsky himself or are his associates. cybercon.com is only commented out at the moment because resumeblaster.com, a legit site, happens to use them for email purposes. They are in the process of setting up their own box. I've unlisted cybercon for a month to give them time to complete that. Netblocks are listed in CIDR notation. You must use cidexpand in the Sendmail contrib to use them. It's work very well for me.

Enjoy!
  Justin

Justin Shore, ES-SS ES-SSR      Pittsburg State University
Network & Systems Manager       Kelce 157Q
Office of Information Systems   Pittsburg, KS 66762
Voice: (620) 235-4606           Fax: (620) 235-4545
http://www.pittstate.edu/ois/

Warning:  This message has been quadruple Rot13'ed for your protection.