Re: Need help to filter bounces...

2001-11-13 14:57:00
Don advised Errol,

| The second ^Subject: is in the body, not the headers, so the inner
| recipe never matches. You want something like:
|
| :0
| * ^From: MAILER-DAEMON(_at_)amr(_dot_)boo-bear(_dot_)com
| * ^Subject: failure notice
| * B ?? ^Subject: Please confirm your message
| | $FORMAIL -I "Subject:[TMDA Bounce] " >> ${MAILDIR}/bounces
|
| You also might want a lock file on that. I don't think you can use an
| implicit one so didn't included it, but I may be wrong.

Yes, an implicit lockfile name will work.  When the action line is a pipe
(or, I suppose, a filtering pipe) with any ">>" appending redirectors and
the flag line requests a local lockfile without specifying a name, procmail
appends $LOCKEXT to the first word after the first ">>" in the action line
as the implicit name for a local lockfile.