Re: How do I stop rules from processing?

2001-11-16 10:49:16
At 11:16 2001-11-15 -0800, Jen Wu wrote:
Is there a way to say if a certain condition exists, to stop processing
rules for a message (in other words, do nothing)? I've read the quickstart
and gone through the man page, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Deliver to default:

:0someflags
* somecondition
$DEFAULT

or (if by "do nothing" you mean throw away the message):

:0someflags
* somecondition
|/dev/null

(note that in either case, if you really want processing to stop, you shouldn't use the 'c' flag, otherwise processing will only stop on a COPY of the message, and the original copy will continue to be processed)

One of the issues is that UW IMAP setup uses two different mailbox formats,
so I can't just move the message to the regular inbox (which is maildir; all
the others are mbox). Hence my desire to just stop processing rules.

Caveats: I don't use UW IMAP, nor do I use maildir format. Verify that procmail knows what your system mailbox is:

        procmail -v

and if not, be sure to explicitly set $DEFAULT near the top of your .rc file to properly configure for your maildir stuff. There are a number of messages in the list archives (including as of late) which discuss maildir operation. See: <http://www.procmail.org> and follow the link to the searchable archives.