Re: How do I stop rules from processing?

2001-11-16 15:13:07
Thanks!

Jen

----- Original Message -----
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com>
To: "Jen Wu" <jen(_at_)dangerousideas(_dot_)com>;
<procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: How do I stop rules from processing?

Jen asked,

| Is there a way to say if a certain condition exists, to stop processing
| rules for a message (in other words, do nothing)?

What exactly do you mean by "stop processing rules" and "do nothing"?  If
you mean deliver to $DEFAULT and let procmail exit, then

 :0 condition-related flags:
 * conditions
 $DEFAULT

If you mean drop the message and just lose it (and let procmail exit),

 :0 condition-related flags
 * conditions
 /dev/null

or, if there are no remaining rcfiles on procmail's command line (e.g.,
procmail was invoked without specifying any rcfiles, or only one rcfile
was
named on the command line, or it was invoked in -m mode), you can lose the
message (and let procmail exit) this way:

 :0 condition-related flags
 * conditions
 { HOST }