procmail initialization

2001-11-28 03:37:44

Hello...
I'm an administrator of 2 mail servers using Redhat Linux 6.2.
There is a situation came up which needs a mail account to be created to which
only a part of people to be able to "see" it and send mails to it...
Specifficly there are the users of the inside network(local network -lan) and
the users of the outside network (all the other users of the internet).
I want to setup a mail account that only users of the inside network use it and
can send to it.Users of the outside network cannot send to it or generaly use
it.

The mail server is set to use sendmail.I've heard that this is possible through
procmail....
is this true?And how could i "tell" sendmail.cf  to "read" the rule i set to
procmail.cf for this speciffic mailbox??
I mean what scripting i could do in sendmail.cf file in order to "communicate"
with procmail.cf file and understand that users that only come from an ip like
"10.0.0..." can send a msg to this mail account otherwise users that come from
the outside network and have an ip like 210.155.12.... get an error msg (like
"user not found")

I would really appreciate recieving a solution from you...(my mail:
shuttle(_at_)fdsweb(_dot_)com)
thank you in advance!

Gratefully, Angelo