Re: handling cross-posters

2001-11-29 12:36:37
At 10:53 2001-11-29 -0800, Dave Robbins did say:
When you are on two mailing lists (one filtered to a separate mailbox
but not the other since it is job-critical), how can I prevent
the post going to the filtered mailbox?

In other words, when a post is just to the filtered list,
put it in its mailbox.  When a post is to both lists,
just have it go to $DEFAULT.

I ditch carbon copies using a method whereby I first filter the message _coming_from_ the mailing list (delivering it to it's mailbox), then immediatley after that, I say "if this message addressed such-and-such list, toss it".

You could use similar logic. Let's say procmail is the list you want unique messages to, I'd prune my ruleset down to something like:

:0:
* ^Sender: procmail-admin(_at_)lists\(_dot_)rwth-aachen\(_dot_)de
$DEFAULT

# Then ditch copies (cleartexed crossposts and cc's to me).
:0
*
^TOprocmail(-users(_at_)procmail\(_dot_)org|@(lists|informatik)\.rwth-aachen\.de)
/dev/null

Just revise to handle this "priority" list you speak of, and put your _other_ lists after this.