Re: Stopping a loop

2001-11-29 12:43:12
At 12:42 2001-11-29 -0600, Justin Shore did say:
Many thanks for the response. I think I understand what's going on in these two recipes. I like the latter one personally because I see if does file locking. The first one, I'm not so sure on. Does "mailbox" get locked when STDOUT is directed to it?

Yes.  Try running with VERBOSE locking and examine the logs.