Re: Failure to write

2001-12-02 15:47:53
At 00:28 2001-12-03 +0400, George Chelidze did say:

The first thing i thought there was something with syntax but when i test
this recipe it works and i have no errors.

Most likely because you're testing with a very small trumped-up message intended to merely trigger the conditions, but which isn't really a _true_ message of the type you are filtering.

when the infected message arrives I have problems. I tried with "h" flag at the recipe containing formail and without it, the same. Do you think if I add "i" flag to this recipe it would work fine?

The beauty of setting up a sandbox and testing your filter is that it is easy to demonstrate whether it would work fine or not.

And why can the pipe die early?

It has been elaborated upon several times: the _WHOLE_ message isn't being read, and therefore, when procmail "writes" it, it realizes that the whole message wasn't read. That results in an error.

I suggest you set up a sandbox and throw test messages at your filter (see references in some of my previous posts).