Re: why is >> making files size=0 ?

2001-12-03 07:30:30
This recipe, and another I had just like it, keep on overwriting the file,
so that I end up with a file size=0 and start from scratch.

If it was overwriting the file then I wouldn't expect the file to be
zero size.  I would expect the file to contain just the one address that
it had written.  If the file is zero size, I would suggest that it is
actually writing nothing to the file.

Can you show us a verbose log entry where that recipe is used and the
various variables are set?  That would make it easier to see where the
problem might be.  Otherwise, the recipe looks OK to me at first sight.

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk