Re: New mail ownership problem

2001-12-04 14:17:56
On  4 Dec, Andy Arbon wrote:
| [...]
|
| The only problem is that when the mail files are delivered (in this case
| to user andy) they are created with ownership root:mail . [...]
|
| This is the /etc/procmailrc file:
| LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail
| VERBOSE=on
| :0
| *
| $HOME/Maildir/
|
| [...]
|
| Procmail is being used as Sendmail's local delivery agent. I am not
| using .forward files.

I've never gotten the subtleties of when procmail drops privilidges
automatically and when it must be done explicitly. My foggy
recollection is it depends on how procmail is integrated (or not) with
sendmail (delivery or general filter? mode). That's a long
preamble/disclaimer to say this might do nothing for you... but I'd try
DROPPRIVS=yes just before the lone recipe. It's also possible that not
having an /etc/procmailrc file at all, or letting it "drop off the
bottom" and continue to ~/.procmailrc (where you'd put the recipe
above), as opposed to "forcing" a specific delivery from
/etc/procmailrc might also take care of the problem.

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.