New mail ownership problem

2001-12-04 13:15:53
Hello,

I've got Fetchmail->Sendmail->Procmail set up along with the courier-imap server and I have one minor problem. I apologise if it's something obvious, but I have looked through FAQ's, Google searches and the mailing list archive and I haven't found the answer.

The only problem is that when the mail files are delivered (in this case to user andy) they are created with ownership root:mail . This means that they don't show up to IMAP clients.. The file permissions themselves seem to be fine, and changing the ownership manually to andy:mail makes everything work fine.

I am assuming that it's something to do with Procmail as that is the program creating these files. I can't see any mention in the documentation about how to specify a user to create the files as. I am using an /etc/procmailrc configuration file, with no configuration files in the home directories themselves.

This is the /etc/procmailrc file:
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail
VERBOSE=on
:0
*
$HOME/Maildir/

As far as I can tell both local delivery and delieveries that come in from Fetchmail are working fine for all users - all the files get created in the correct places, just the ownership on the emails is wrong.

Procmail is being used as Sendmail's local delivery agent. I am not using .forward files.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for your time.

Andy Arbon