Sorting nntp data stream, what about dot.

2001-12-06 22:39:15
I've recently setup a homespun system that reads an nntpserver
datastream and converts it to mbox format. Later to be snarfed up by
my news/mail client. Still in the debugging stages but seems to be
working quite well.

I notice that the dot on a line by itself that is part of nntp format
(similar to unix message format) is not removed.  Is that normal?

I don't see that dot on regular mail, even though I know it is there
in the data stream.  By the time my mail client (gnus) gets it, its
gone.  Should that be happening with this nntp datastream too?

I can think of ways to remove it, but wondered if it should be
happening by itself.

The command in use:

  Incoming nntp_datastream => | \
  formail -m5 -d -e -s procmail -m ${HOME}/$PROC/.proc_nntp_split