Re: badtrans again

2001-12-08 11:37:43
At 11:58 AM -0500 12/8/01, Dallman Ross is rumored to have typed:

Well, George, my old virus snagger, originally suggested by Philip
Guenther two years ago, still works, and snagged your article despite
the attempted spoof.

   Which implies to me, anyway, that the recipe DOESN'T "work," since it
"snagged" a perfectly innocent, non-viral message. A false positive is worse
than a false negative, since at least you're receiving all of your innocent
email and/or not driving people bonkers with incorrect viral warnings (but
then, since I have the sense not to use either Microsoft applications or
operating systems, I can afford to say that).

         Charlie