Switchrc question

2001-12-09 10:30:31
Hi all,

I found this info about SWITCHRC:

SWITCHRC ? Allows a user to specify an external file containing additional
Procmail recipes, much like the INCLUDERC option, except that recipe
checking is actually stopped on the referring configuration file and only
the recipes on the SWITCHRC-specified file are used.

Sounds like what I want, but I'm not sure how switchrc handles global
variables that are reassigned in the new RCFILE. I currently have:

:0 W
* ^TO_via(_at_)thaistuff\(_dot_)com
{
INCLUDERC=$HOME/via/via.rc
}

In the new RC file I then assign the global variables to temp variables and
then return them to their default values before exiting. Could I skip this
process when using SWITCHRC? IE when the new RCfile stops are the newly
assigned variables forgotten?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
Best Regards,