Re: Formail and the -f flag

2001-12-11 12:42:31
Martin McCarthy <marty(_at_)ancient-scotland(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

I understood the -f flag to formail would prevent it from adding the
mbox style "From " line to massages

Yep.

but it appears this is not happening here.

But you have two instances of 'formail' which don't use the '-f' flag.
I'd guess that your problem is there.

[...]
Yuck.. I guess I don't need to say that it never dawned on me that the
initial -f wouldn't overrule the others... more amatuer hour stuff.

"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com> writes:

[...]

That's the one that's doing it, because it's a filtering recipe.  Harry,

[...]

Thanks for the refinement David.  Trying your other suggestions as
well. The sed example looks like it might be a savings.

Either of you care to comment further on the overall working of my
examples?
In particular do you see anything there that would cause duplicates to
be written?  I mean assuming none come down the wire.  I'm seeing
duplicates, but so far it appears not to be in the data just after my
formail/procmail  part.  Still testing, but seems to be in the part not
described yet that involves pulling the mbox files into gnus news/mail
reader. If that is true it will be taken up in a different forum.  And
I'll assume the part discussed here has no really glaring problems.

Assuming fixing the -f flag thing.