[announce] mailbounce tool

2001-12-11 14:15:08

I spotted the following FreshMeat a couple of days ago, and since it is applicable to users of procmail, I thought I'd pass along the notice. Note that this forum is not the place to look for support for this program - I'm merely forwarding this notice along because it may be of significant interest to users of procmail who may wish to experiment with alternate methods of bouncing messages. Also note that currently, this program is in BETA.

I have *NOTHING* whatsoever to do with the development of this tool.

Mail-bounce E-mail returner
        by Gary Renshaw - Wednesday, December 5th 2001 00:26 EST

  About:
        Mail-bounce is a general purpose Perl program for returning E-mail to
        the sender with a variety of user customized notices. It can be used
        for bouncing spam, sending notification to "friends" who send you
        viruses and much more. Mail-bounce would typically work in conjunction
        with procmail for mail filtering but can be used alone.

  Author:
  Gary Renshaw

  Homepage:
  <http://www.spots.ab.ca/~gary/mail-bounce/>
  Tar/GZ:
  <http://www.spots.ab.ca/~gary/mail-bounce/mail-bounce.tar.gz>
  Changelog:
  <http://www.spots.ab.ca/~gary/mail-bounce/bounce-mail/Changelog>

  Trove categories:
  Development Status :: 4 - Beta
  Intended Audience :: System Administrators
  Operating System :: POSIX
  Programming Language :: Perl
  Topic :: Communications :: Email :: Filters

  Dependencies:
  No dependencies filed.