Re: Certified Mail Delivery agent

2001-12-12 21:11:43
At 03:48 2001-12-13 +0100, Mark wrote:
the envelope address you say? Nah, is likely a custom return-address for the mailing list.

Yea, I hadn't even touched on the issue with return paths that take the form of:

EasyMLM does this (MLM=Mail List Manager, not Multi Level Marketing), where the number portion is unique to the invidual message and the _individual_ recipient's address is part of the return path as well. This is so that bounces will identify to the list software which true recipient was actually bouncing (in the event that they're forwarded, etc).

Yet another example of where such an acceptlist scheme would fail miserably.