Re: trouble with HOST

2001-12-13 21:33:57
Matt Garretson has this code,

| :0
| * LOGNAME ?? ^^matt^^
| {
|   VERBOSE=yes
|   LOG="*** Trashed dupe msg ***${NEWLINE}"
|   HOST = blahblah
| }
| VERBOSE=no

and he has found,

| Logging shows that the message is matching the conditions, but
| even though i set HOST to the wrong value, the message is still
| getting delivered to my inbox.  I'd thought that if HOST
| mismatched, procmail would quit immediately without delivery.

A bug came in around version 3.21; if procmail is invoked with one or more
rcfiles named on the command line, mismatching HOST in the last named rcfile
delivers to $DEFAULT instead of dropping the message.  Philip has fixed it
in the current beta of 3.23.

If you don't want to use a beta version, save to /dev/null instead of
missetting or unsetting HOST.

Eberhard Lisse had answered,

I don't see any action in the braces.

A left brace is in itself an action, and anything legal outside braces is
legal inside them.  Matt has only variable assignments inside the braces and
no recipes, but that's perfectly fine.