Re: trouble with HOST

2001-12-16 12:25:42
Matt followed up,

| Procmail is being invoked as Mlocal from
| sendmail (set up by the stock FEATURE(local_procmail) sendmail config
| macro).  The only rcfile that exists on the server is the system-wide
| /etc/procmailrc.  Would this still qualify for the bug you mention?

No, I guess not unless the Mlocal definition puts an rcfile onto the command
line, and if it did, procmail wouldn't be reading /etc/procmailrc.

It was hitting me because my ~/.forward was invoking an executable procmail
rcfile as a hash-bang script, so the kernel's interpretation of the hash-bang
line put the script's filename onto the command line.  Philip figured out
that there had to be named rcfiles on the command line to trigger the bug,
and I'm very glad he did, because I never would have been able to make that
connection, and in fact it took me a bit to figure out why procmail was
acting as if there were a named rcfile on its command line.

Philip had answered,

The HISTORY file shows that it was fixed in 3.22, so there's no need to
grab the snapshot.

but Matt explained,

| Thanks.  I am currently running 3.22 however (AIX 4.3.3).  I guess i
| will try the snapshot unless i can figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Then you're running into something different, Matt.