Re: Error while writing to "bla bla...

2001-12-18 03:02:03

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Paul Chvostek wrote:

/etc/procmailrc it won't write the spam-check.log in the user
directory as it does the procmail.log file.

This is usually caused by the fact that /etc/procmailrc is run as root,
whereas ~/.procmailrc is run as the user.  If you don't specify a
full path to spam-check.log in the rule, that file will be written
in whatever happens to be the current working directory of your MTA

Ya, you must have seen my post answering my question...$HOME

when it launches procmail.  You haven't said what MTA you're using, or
how it's configured, so we can't help much there, but you can find out

I use Linux/Sendmail, but on larger mailing lists I use qmail for delivery
only.

:0 wc
 ^Received:.*for.*debris
| /usr/bin/spam-check -d
:0 wa
spam-check.log

Right, well, this is broken because there's no "*" at the start of your

I had a "*" there but it got bumped out when i was removing some
other text...honest!

And what are you trying to do, anyway?  Save in the spam-check.log
folder on the basis of the script's return value?  If so, you can
reduce the number of recipies with something like:

      :0:
      * ^Received:.*for.*debris
      * ? /usr/bin/spam-check -d
      $MAILDIR/spam-check.log

Hey thanks, I got my scheme working but this is fewer lines!

--Paul Y.