Re: starting procmail

2001-12-19 09:57:48
Ruediger Stark asked,

| I'd like to ask if there is a possibility
| to start procmail in another way than using .forward.

If you have cron access, you can set up a cron job to feed your spool to
formail -s procmail every hour or so similarly to the script near the end of
the procmail(1) man page.

If you read your mail during shell login sessions, you do the same with a
command in your .profile or your .login.

In either case, be sure not to use your mail spool as a folder in any
recipe.  If you can't avoid that, formail -ns is less vulnerable to looping
than formail -s.