Re: Configuration question: Procmail not responding

2001-12-19 18:50:18
At 15:06 2001-12-19 -0800, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
If I remove the last line of the Procmail recipe:
!ost2
(which forwards all mail sent to virthost1 to a local account)

Depends on what ost2 is defined to. Keep in mind that this runs the message BACK INTO SENDMAIL.

Duh, ost2 isn't a variable (for some reason, I ignored what was typed right above, and made the assumption that if these scripts were supposed to be _generic_ for all virtual hosts, that it'd obviously be a variable - if you're forwarding to a hardcoded local user address, how on earth are your filters supposed to be generic across hosts?). In any event, the ost2 user will be parsed through all the sendmail rules to arrive at a final destination - it is NOT simply deposited in a local mailbox.

I still believe the solution I provided at the bottom of my previous message is probably near optimal for you, unless you're dealing with accounts for which your server merely relays (i.e. no local user).

[snip]
[/etc/procmailrc/]

Typo on my part: that filename should be /etc/procmailrc (no trailing slash).