Re: What is wrong here?

2001-12-28 06:53:02
|How are you invoking procmail, such that you expect "$1" to contain that
|part of the recipient address?

Yes, it is expected to have that part of the recipient address.

I think we are talking at cross-purposes.  I understand what you want in
$1.  Whether that value ends up in $1 and hence whether your procmailrc
file can use it depends on your command line that runs procmail.  I
don't know what your command line is that runs procmail.  It is the
command line that I am asking about.  So that I can see whether your
expectation of what should be in $1 makes sense.

But it I change $HOST for my own host

If you change the value of HOST the procmail will stop processing the
current rcfile.  The procmailrc man page has a bit to say about that.

own variable such as MYHOST="netbros.com" and use it instead of $HOST
it will stop working. What can I do? What is wrong?

In the logfile extract that you gave us (if I understand correctly what
you're trying to do - I'm not at all sure that I do) the process had
"failed" before you assign a value to MYHOST because $1 did not contain
what you expected.

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk