Re: What is wrong here?

2001-12-28 06:32:19
On 28/12/01 at 9:39am, Martin McCarthy wrote:

|> I have the following .procmailrc:
|> EXTENSION="$1"
|
|So you're defining EXTENSION from the command line arguments to
|procmail, but
|
|> procmail: Assigning "EXTENSION="
|
|it isn't happening.
|
|How are you invoking procmail, such that you expect "$1" to contain that
|part of the recipient address?

Yes, it is expected to have that part of the recipient address.

Having the .procmailrc this way (which is how I am invoking procmail) it works
the way it should (well, not quite the way *I* want, but functional):

EXTENSION="$1"
:0
* EXTENSION ?? .
{
  DELIMITER="+"
}

RECIPIENT="$LOGNAME$DELIMITER$EXTENSION(_at_)$HOST"
SENDER=`formail -x Return-Path | sed 's/[<>]//g;s/^[ ]*//'`

:0 w
| /home/d/david/tmda/bin/tmda-filter

EXITCODE=$?
DEFAULT=/dev/null

But it I change $HOST for my own host (i.e. netbros.com) or even if I create my
own variable such as MYHOST="netbros.com" and use it instead of $HOST it will
stop working. What can I do? What is wrong? I want to be able to use my own
domain for replies, but the way it is right now it is getting the hostname from
the machine where my domain is hosted on.

Any more tips?

Cheers!

--
David Collantes