RE: Problems delivering to a directory

2001-12-28 21:47:36

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Timothy J.
Luoma
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 7:45 PM
To: Procmail List
Subject: Problems delivering to a directory

I'm delivering to a directory and are getting messages with filenames
starting with 'msg.XYZ' where XYZ is a variable.

That was OK (although I would have preferred 001 002 003...

But now I'm getting messages in a sub-directory called 'new' with filenames
like 1009502670.8193_3.khan.peak.org

Any idea:

1) Why this is happening?

2) How to stop it?

I want ALL the messages to get delivered to the SAME folder.

The following is from "man procmailrc":
http://www.la.utexas.edu/lab/software/inet/e-mail/procmail/procmailrc.html

Anything else will be taken as a mailbox name (either a filename or a
directory, absolute or
relative to the current directory (see MAILDIR)). If it is a (possibly yet
nonexistent) filename,
the mail will be appended to it.

If it is a directory, the mail will be delivered to a newly created, guaranteed
to be unique file
named $MSGPREFIX* in the specified directory. If the mailbox name ends in "/.",
then this directory
is presumed to be an MH folder; i.e., procmail will use the next number it
finds available. If the
mailbox name ends in "/", then this directory is presumed to be a maildir
folder; i.e., procmail
will deliver the message to a file in a subdirectory named "tmp" and rename it
to be inside a
subdirectory named "new". If the mailbox is specified to be an MH folder or
maildir folder,
procmail will create the necessary directories if they don't exist, rather than
treat the mailbox
as a non-existent filename. When procmail is delivering to directories, you can
specify multiple
directories to deliver to (procmail will do so utilising hardlinks).

(note: default MSGPREFIX is "msg.")