Re: comsat to work with procmail

2001-12-30 03:01:15
From: Scott Bradner <sob(_at_)sobco(_dot_)com>

can someone point me to a source for a version of comsat that will work
with procmail?  The new sources that I can find seem to specifically
make it so procmail will not work (by "work" I mean let the user
know when new mail comes into a mailbox and show some of the mail -
[deleted]

I know nothing about comstat.  But something like this to test your
user's mailfile size might work.  This is untested and probably
contains at least one dumb syntax error, if not a problem with logic.
It's the condition line that I'm least sure of.  This is just to get
your thinking cap working.

        :0 i
        * ? $MAIL -ge 5120
        | formail -rk -p"> "                                       \
                  -i"Subject: Your mail declined; user over quota" \
                  -i"X-Recipe-ID: $RECIPE"                         \
                  -I"From: postmaster <postmaster(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>"     \
                  -I"Reply-To: postmaster <postmaster(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>" \
                  -I"Sender: postmaster <postmaster(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>"   \
                  -A"Precedence: junk"                             \
           | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t

dman