comsat to work with procmail

2001-12-29 21:54:49

(I checked the mailing list archive but could not find the answer to this)

can someone point me to a source for a version of comsat that will work
with procmail?  The new sources that I can find seem to specifically
make it so procmail will not work (by "work" I mean let the user
know when new mail comes into a mailbox and show some of the mail -
the best I get with the comsats I can find is a notice that mail has
arived but no excerpt (or an random excerpt from /var/mail/xxx)

from the most current verion of comsat I could find:

/*      $NetBSD: comsat.c,v 1.22 2001/04/02 14:57:37 onoe Exp $ */

. . .

        if (fn && *fn && *fn != '\n') {
                /*
                 * Procmail sends messages to comsat with a trailing colon
                 * and a pathname to the folder where the new message was
                 * deposited.  Since we can't reliably open only regular
                 * files, we need to ignore these.  With one exception:
                 * if it mentions the user's system mailbox.
                 */
                char maildir[128];
                int l = snprintf(maildir, sizeof(maildir), ":%s/%s",
                                 _PATH_MAILDIR, name);
                if (l > sizeof(maildir) || strcmp(maildir, fn) != 0)
                        return;
        }

tnx

Scott