Still tweaking .procmailrc

2002-01-07 19:25:12
Hi everyone,

I am still tweaking my ".procmailrc" to kill spam and sort mails into
the respective mail folders. I am using "PINE" to read my mails when I
am away from home and I used Outlook when I'm at home. I learnt that we
can configure ".procmailrc" quite cleanly using "modules" for "spams",
"sortings-rules", "mailing-lists", etc.

First question:
Am I right to start it like this?

<---------------- Start of .procmailrc------------------>
## Procmail Runtime Configuration
## Directory=/home/moonshi/.procmailrc
## Created on DD-MM-YYYY

SHELL=/bin/bash
LINEBUF=4096
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:
VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail/procmail.log
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
INCLUDERC=$HOME/procmail/spam.rc
INCLUDERC=$HOME/procmail/sort.rc
INCLUDERC=$HOME/procmail/mailing-lists.rc

# "$HOME/procmail/spam.rc" containts all the rules
# to filter spams and $HOME/procmail/sort.rc contains
# all the rules to sort.

<-------------------End of procmailrc------------------->

Second question:
In Microsoft Outlook, I can sort my mails as it is downloaded to my
INBOX via POP3 and via the "Rules Wizard" and I can sort the mails using
the option "Move messages based on content" >> "With [specific words] in
the message hearder" (where [specific words] are the words used to
filter the email) >> "Moved them to [folder]".

Using procmail, am I right to do the following to achieve the above?

:0
* !^(From|To|CC): mailing-list
* !^Subject: [procmail]
$MAILDIR/procmail-list

Thank you for any suggestions and corrections.

Sincerely,
Mohsenruddin Moonshi
moonshi(_at_)moonshi(_dot_)com