two questions...

2002-01-07 15:20:14

Hiya.

I'm currently assuming that /^(SUBJECT|DATE|FROM|TO):/ in the headers
is an indication of spam.  Is that a safe assumption?

Also, what exactly is SWITCHRC=/dev/null supposed to do?  Exit only the
current rc file, or exit a whole nest of them?  The behaviour I'm seeing
appears to indicate the former, but I can find no documentation on this
whatsoever, and I'd hate to rely on behaviour that might change....

(i.e. /etc/procmailrc has an INCLUDERC=/path/to/onerc, which in turn has
an INCLUDERC=/path/to/anotherrc, which has a SWITCHRC=/dev/null.  Once
the /dev/null is hit, processing appears to continue where it left off
in onerc rather than reverting to /etc/procmailrc or exiting completely
and using the current DEFAULT.  This is the behaviour I want, but I
can't find any support for it in documentation.  Or maybe it's just my
interpretation.  Never can tell these days.)

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>