Re: Check simple .procmailrc?

2002-01-09 01:27:09
At 08:56 2002-01-09 +0100, Nick Wilson wrote:

Hi everyone.
I'm getting no response from this .procmailrc at all. Not even anything
in the log file. Would someone kindly have a peek at it and tell me
what's up, I'm damned if I can see it.

Have you tried running it manually? This would provide an indication of whether your problem is with your procmail script, or with your configuration of it within your mail system. The fact that you don't even get logging implies that it isn't being invoked, probably because your system doesn't use procmail as the LDA, and if not, you haven't configured a .forward correctly.

Alternatley, try the diagnostic script (which is in alpha stages) at:

        <http://www.professional.org/procmail/procdiag.sh>

This collects data about your configuration in an attempt to determine if you have a privledges issue, missing support tools, or ancient versions, etc. If something glaring isn't uncovered for you, after reviewing the output, post it as a followup to this message and we can evaluate the results. File perms are often an issue.