Re: Check simple .procmailrc?

2002-01-09 06:52:11

* On 09-01-02 at 14:23
* Martin McCarthy said....

You're totally sure that $HOME/Procmail is a directory to which you can
write and $HOME/Procmail/log is a file to which you can write?
Best to clear that one up straight away.

Yep, I'm not so hot on permissions so I made them all 777 for the
purpose of testing.

0:0
* ^Subject:.*test
in-testing

That first line should be:

  :0:

Gotcha

Sean suggested running procmail manually.  You could do that with
something like:

  echo "Subject: testing" |formail -s procmail

And now we come to the crux of the matter, I could'nt work out how to
record the output but it's something like this.

Procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/nick/.procmailrc"
Procmail: Could'nt read "/home/nic/.procmailrc"

Somethings definately a bit fishy there.

Do try Sean's diagnostic script that he suggested, also.

I'll give it ago if no one spots something obvious after this post.

Many thanks for your help on this :)

- --

Nick Wilson

Tel:    +45 3325 0688