Re: Trying to forward mail....

2002-01-10 10:59:30
Anthony Hologounis followed up,

| Well its getting closer
|
| I added
| SENDMAIL=/path/to/sendmail to the /etc/procmailrc file
| but changed the path to point to postfix. Yes, I am using Postfix.
| I pulled this from the maillog on the mail server
|
| Jan 10 09:26:29 ix postfix[8523]: error: to submit mail, use the Postfix
| sendmail command
| Jan 10 09:26:29 ix postfix[8523]: fatal: the postfix command is reserved
for
| the superuser
|

| I get this from the procmail log
| procmail: Executing "/usr/sbin/postfix,-oi,user(_at_)abc(_dot_)com"

Postfix should include another binary named sendmail, or should have a link
to itself named sendmail, which ordinary users can invoke for sending mail.
Look for /usr/lib/sendmail or /usr/sbin/sendmail.  That's why postfix told
you to use its sendmail command and not the postfix command.

The real mystery here is why procmail's SENDMAIL variable was null or unset.
Anthony, what happens when you try this at a shell prompt (in sh or
something sh-based, like ksh or bash, not in csh nor a csh derivative,
please)?

procmail LOG='SENDMAIL is $SENDMAIL"
"' DEFAULT=/dev/null /dev/null < /dev/null

It should print the compiled-in value of $SENDMAIL to the terminal as
stderr.