Re: Trying to forward mail....

2002-01-13 20:40:01
Moonshi asked,

| Hmmm... but what if we are using Postfix instead? Will a symbolic link
| work? I don't think so as the options for Postfix is not the same as
| Sendmail. Any suggestions?

Well, Anthony *is* using Postfix, and I deal with Postfix on one of my shell
accounts.  When you invoke Postfix through a link named "sendmail" it acts
as much like sendmail as it can, and I'm pretty sure that a symlink works
just as well as a hard link.  It turned out that Postfix wasn't causing
Anthony's problems: a mistake in his /etc/procmailrc was unsetting the
SENDMAIL variable.  When he took that out, so that /etc/procmailrc would
leave $SENDMAIL alone, everything worked.